In light of that, here is a way of looking at my 9-class structure and how it ties in to ability scores.
ENDS: Right now, all characters have pretty much the same ends.
- Likely, a lot of Conan-style Swords & Sorcery: Loot, experience, and a bit of acclaim.
- Characters also want to get magic.
- Finally, some roleplayers might support their alignment's goals or goals of an NPC or organization.
- CON: Lots of durability and a wide variety of weapons
- INT: Arcane magic
- DIV: Faith and divine magic
- STR: Exploit superiority in melee combat; carry the right tool for the job
- DEX: Exploit superior maneuver to gain an advantage
- CHA: Exploit followers to gain an advantage
A STR + CON Warrior uses his durability in combat and wide variety of arms, armor, and equipment to achieve superiority in melee. A STR + WIS paladin uses a similar strategy, but different means; instead of the phenomenal durability and wide variety of weapons of a Warrior, the paladin has his god's faith.