Monday, January 2, 2023

We're Back!

  Its been a long while, but I'm going to start firing up this blog occasionally.

Its been awhile, life and gaming wise.  We have been super busy with work and a young family and didn't do much gaming for awhile other than quick 20-30 minute euro and card games.  Our kids are old enough now to enjoy some longer fare so we have started some Hero Kids and light wargaming (one hour wargames as a starting point).  I've gotten more into miniatures and have some little to fair skill at painting them now.

As far as writing projects go, this is the quick update:

- Tin Cans and Battlewagons:  WW2 Naval Combat Rules (complete, vetted, they work)

- Flat Tops and Silent Service:  An expansion for the above with airplanes and submarines.  Less thoroughly vetted but seems to work ok.

- Double Quick!  This started as my house rules for One Hour Wargames but is now an independent system in its own right.  This is a two page ruleset for quick play miniatures wargaming across multiple eras.  Its sort of a mish mash of La Salle 1.0, DBA, One Hour Wargames, and a few other things.  Moderately vetted.

- Unnamed WW2 Rules.  I started painting WW2 minifigs and needed rules to use.  I started with One Hour Wargames and have been heavily adapting from there.  Lightly vetted.

- Donjons and Drakes.  This is my fantasy heartbreaker.  Originally it started as heavily inspired by the 3LBB, but I've moved more towards B/X.  I have the rules in a playable "beta test" format and am running them now.

This blog will have some games rules musings, draft rules, rules explanations, and campaign logs.  I'll endeavor to use the tags more faithfully to help sort through them.

No comments: